What is Small Group Ministry?
A Small Group is made up of 10 – 12 people who commit to meet monthly from September to May to study Scripture, pray and care for each other’s needs. Groups are made up of couples and singles of varying ages. Each group is led by a leader from the congregation who meets with other Small Group leaders and the Pastor to prepare for the Small Group meeting. Some groups also meet socially and informally in the summer months.
Where and When Do Small Groups Meet?
Meeting times and locations are decided by the members of the group. Some groups meet in homes and some groups may choose to meet at the church. Group meeting times are at various times of the day or evening and week
What About Childcare?
One small group encourages the parents to bring their children to their home where they can play while the meeting is happening.
What is the Purpose of our Small Groups
- To praise and honour God
- To love and serve each other in accordance with Christ’s command
- To witness to others so that they may come to know God as their Father
What Do Small Groups Do at a Meeting
- A typical meeting last for about 2 hours
- A half hour for refreshments and time for personal check-ins.
- We begin every meeting repeating together our Family Declaration:
The Lord is present
He is our Father who loves us and we are His children
Together we constitute a loving spiritual family that takes care of each other’s needs
In our fellowship, our unity with Christ and each other becomes visible
Our goals are
To praise and honour God
To love and serve each other in accordance with Christ's command
To witness to others so that they may come to know God as their Father
- We may sing hymns and songs.
- Scripture prepared by the Pastor in two versions of the Bible is read by members of the group.
- Discussion using questions that have been prepared by the Pastor.
- Prayer requests from members of the group.
- A closing prayer.
The Study for May, 2017
How Can I Join a Small Group?
Contact Rev. Johan Olivier at the Church Office at 519-821-0141 . He will help you connect with a Group that meets your interests and time availability.