"Christ Renewing Our Life Together"
As disciples of Jesus Christ, we are called to share his Good News with the world, through loving service and vibrant worship.
- You are a child of God and I will treat you that way
- We build open and honest relationships through respectful communication.
- We are adventurous, creative and open-minded and embrace the possibilities of Biblically-based change.
- We pursue opportunities for growth and learning.
- We build a positive team and family spirit.
- We are passionate about God’s future for Knox.
Acceptable Behaviour in the Knox Presbyterian Church Family
When asked which commandment in the law was the greatest, Jesus replied: “’You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the greatest and first commandment. And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself’” (Matthew 22:37-39). In his relationships with others, Christ lived out the truth embodied in these two great commandments, and he further expanded on these words when he instructed his followers: “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another” (John 13:34).
While recognizing that none of us perfectly fulfills the standard of conduct displayed in the life and teaching of Christ, we, the members and staff of Knox Presbyterian Church, Guelph, seek with God’s help to behave in a manner consistent with Christ’s example at all times:
- treating others with courtesy, mutual respect and consideration,
- conducting ourselves in a Christ-like fashion when interacting with others,
- being aware of how our behavior affects others,
- adhering to the “Leading with Care” guidelines of The Presbyterian Church in Canada,
- and ensuring that our behavior is reflective of our congregation’s first value statement: “You are a child of God and you shall be treated that way. No one is to treat others as though they don't matter.”
We therefore commit ourselves to creating and sustaining a mutually supportive environment where people can work and serve collaboratively and productively together and where everyone is equally valued and respected as a beloved child of God.