“The Christian church sings… (The) church that does not sing is not the church.”
– Reformed theologian Karl Barth
- Singing for us is not an option, but an essential part of our ministry as disciples of Jesus Christ.
Knox Presbyterian Church is therefore a singing family of faith. We sing together, young and old:
- to worship God;
- to celebrate God’s blessings in our lives;
- to pray for hope and healing;
- to grow in faith and in love;
- to become a more vibrant, welcoming and inclusive community.
At Knox, our worship music includes a blend of traditional and contemporary styles. We use a pipe organ, piano, guitars, drums and other instruments, but most of all, we praise God with our voices. We sing songs from Canada to Cameroon, Brazil to Botswana, and everywhere in between, because we all belong to the same family of faith.
We include our children in worship, and they learn to develop and use their musical gifts continuously, throughout the year; we have regular children’s Sundays, special times for presenting music which children practice in our mid-week LOGOS Ministry, about every 6 weeks.