“The Christian church sings… (The) church that does not sing is not the church.”
– Reformed theologian Karl Barth
- "At Knox, we know we need to sing as people of faith, and we pray for the day to come soon when we will be able to raise our voices together again."
Knox Presbyterian Church is therefore a singing family of faith. We sing together, young and old:
- to worship God;
- to celebrate God’s blessings in our lives;
- to pray for hope and healing;
- to grow in faith and in love;
- to become a more vibrant, welcoming and inclusive community.
At Knox, our worship music includes a blend of traditional and contemporary styles. We use a pipe organ, piano, guitars, drums and other instruments, but most of all, we praise God with our voices. We sing songs from Canada to Cameroon, Brazil to Botswana, and everywhere in between, because we all belong to the same family of faith.
We include our children in worship, and they learn to develop and use their musical gifts continuously, throughout the year; we have regular children’s Sundays, special times for presenting music which children practice in our mid-week LOGOS Ministry, about every 6 weeks.