“The Christian church sings… (The) church that does not sing is not the church.”
– Reformed theologian Karl Barth
Knox Presbyterian Church is therefore a singing family of faith. We sing, all generations together:
- to worship God
- to celebrate God’s blessings in our lives
- to pray for hope and healing
- to grow in faith and in love
- to become a more vibrant, welcoming and inclusive community
At Knox, our worship music includes a blend of traditional and contemporary styles from around the world. We use a pipe organ, piano, handbells and chimes, plus a variety of other instruments. Most of all, we praise God with our voices: we sing songs from Canada to Cameroon, Brazil to Botswana, and everywhere in between, because we all belong to one family; we are all children of God.
We include our children in worship, and they learn to develop and use their musical gifts continuously, with the whole congregation.